Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

My sister-in-law has a judgement against her for something she did long before she met by brother. They are now married and my parents are considering signing a piece of property over to them. Can the state make them sell the property to satisfy her debts, or put a lien on the property or anything? I have tried researching this without much luck. This is in Florida.

Asked on 6/20/13, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If she is an owner, it will be subject to the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 12:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida