Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

in 1990 my wife violated probation by dropping a dirty urine test. judge told her she'd do three years. original charge was small amount of rock cocaine. she has not been in any trouble in twenty years. can we make this charge go away?

Asked on 8/11/10, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ryan Rooth Rooth Law Group, P.A.

There is a possibility. Depending on what is actually in the file above and beyond what you have stated is extremely important to know. Also, the division assigned to the case can also make a difference in Pinellas county. Most violations go before the same judge except for Division N cases. As long as all the terms and conditions of the probation are satisfied then this should be a relative painless process. In some situations the courts will assess an additional fine to close out the file.

If the paperwork was not properly file for the violation of probation you could also be looking at a jurisdiction issue and the case would be over. It is rare but it does happen.

Feel free to call me to discuss further. Visit my website for more information.

Thanks, Ryan

Read more
Answered on 8/17/10, 12:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida