Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I have a friend that was arrested and the officer hit him for no reason with his gun barrel and there trying to send him to prison for 10 years and his public defender will not help him. He needs a probono lawyer. He really needs help with the search warrant that's no good. But he needs a lawyer willing to help him with this crooked county. Thanks

Asked on 3/15/23, 11:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Blecher Jonathan Blecher, P.A.

He's getting a pro bono lawyer with the Public Defender. If he feels that the PD is ineffective, he can ask the judge for a Nelson Hearing and as that the PD be removed. The Court may then appoint an attorney of the Office of Regional Counsel (free lawyers of last resort). Simply getting bad news about his chances for success doesn't establish they are ineffective.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/23, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida