Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Hi, I had two officers come Tony home this afternoon saying they needed to speak to me in regards to a hit and run case. A woman is saying me and/or my car hit her in the Starbucks parking lot and took off. I need to know what to do. Should I call them myself? Call with an attorney? Say I need an attorney? I’m scared and at a loss. Thank you.

Asked on 1/19/23, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Rosenblum Rosenblum Law Offices


1--it is always wise to get an atty when you have something in court & you are not familiar with the procedures/issues.

2--If the Officer left a # to call back, I would do that. You want to ask what this is about...the date & time of the event. And if you were not aware you hit anyone--tell them that! Don't answer any questions until they answer your questions.

As long as you state you were unaware of hitting anyone, this should be a minor matter--perhaps even, just a civil traffic cit. It helps the situation, if you have never been involved in criminal cases.

Let me know if my office can be of assistance.

Tom R.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/23, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida