Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My husband was charged with Trafficking of an opiate. We found out the arresting officers made a mistake with the drug and was verified by the FDLE. He only had 2.3 grams instead of 8.8 and never should have been charged with Trafficking. My $10,000 lawyer missed this. What do we do?

Asked on 1/12/18, 9:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Trabin The Trabin Law Firm

What you do depends on the current status of the case. If the case is still pending then your husband's lawyer, or a new one, should work to get the charge reduced to the more appropriate charge, if any. If the case already pled and your husband did not get the reduced charge then he should look into some post-conviction relief.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/18, 10:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida