Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Re: Verizon Wireless

We were advised in order to trace harassing and threatening phone calls received on our cell voice mail we would need to contact an attorney who have law enforced resources that can identify the blocked call telephone number. We are both sisters who are retired and I am disabled as a 25 year career 1st grade teacher. We are living on very limited funds. Our building and our car have been vandalized and we recognize the voice on the threats. Can you help us.

Susan Knefel

[email protected]

Asked on 6/30/10, 8:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Stoffels Stoffels Law Group

Making threatening or harassing telephone calls in Florida is a crime. You should simply report this to your local police department, and provide the police with access to the saved voicemails so that they can make appropriate copies. Also, since you recognize the voice and know the identify of the person that is making the calls you should report that to the police.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/10, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida