Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My brother verbally harasses me daily. i live with my mother. he lives in a separate home he rents from my mother. i have witnesses, text messages and e-mails. i am a 63 year old handicapped widow with pain everyday. i lost both my legs. i want to prevent him from coming in contact with me. rise charniak

Asked on 9/06/17, 10:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Neufeld Neufeld, Kleinberg & Pinkiert, PA, a personal-injury and elder law firm

First - I am sorry that you have to endure this - from a family member no less. However, verbal harassment probably does not rise to the level of elder abuse. You can block his phone number so his calls do not get through and do not let him into your home. Change the locks if he has a key. If there is every any physical violence, call the police.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/17, 11:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida