Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

This inquiry is for a friend. She is age seventy and is staying with her son but she will be homeless because she has to move from her son's home. About 9 months ago she was asked to move from her low income senior apartment complex after receiving a written notice placed on her door and another copy sent to her via registered mail. The document from the company that owns the senior building said that they were not renewing her lease and gave her 90 days to vacate the unit. Being overwhelmed she reluctantly moved. I urged her then and now to seek legal counsel and pursue her case .

Asked on 8/01/17, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

not enough information to respond. Why asked to leave? Was she receiving income sufficient to allow her to remain in the senior apt complex? Is there some reason she could not have transferred to another senior apt. complex? Is someone acting as her guardian and not paying her rent?

Read more
Answered on 8/02/17, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida