Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

left my house to two sons with proviso I remain in house until death. Can I change sole ownership back to me?

Asked on 8/04/17, 1:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It depends how you "changed ownership". If you executed a deed, changing title to a Life Estate, then it would depend if you created an Enhanced Life Estate (Revocable Life Estate). If you didn't change the title on a deed and you are leaving them the house in a will, then you can create and execute a codicil. You should consult with an attorney to evaluate the title and any other documents you have regarding the house, in order to fully answer your question.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/17, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida