Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Can a biological father get custody of his son when the biological mother is in trouble with the law and in jail at the time? Sshe is charge with cruelty to children and sexual assault. Are there any pro-bono family law attorneys in northwest Florida that could look at this?

Asked on 8/25/13, 11:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Usually DCF gets involved immediately and tries to place the child with the nearest relative; here the nearest to Mom is Dad. You may wish to contact DCF to find out what is going on.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 12:59 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Yes, you have to file your petition with the court asap to enforce your rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 4:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida