Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Change of custody

I currently share custody with my ex-husband. My son lives with me, and spends M/W nights with his father as well as every other weekend. My son is 13. I will be moving this summer/fall to Maine. My son wishes to stay here to finish the 8th grade at the school he attends. Then he would move to Maine to start and complete his high school years. My ex-husband and I are both in agreement with this and want to file the correct papers with the court, however, I am not sure which papers to file (motion, ammendment, etc.)? And by agreeing to this change, do we need to appear before the court, or simply just file them?

Thank you.

Asked on 4/26/05, 1:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Annelies Mouring C. Annelies Mouring, Esq.

Re: Change of custody

You would need to submit an agreed order stating your "temporary" agreement. I would place an expiration date on the agreement that you would return as the primary residental parent or that your son will only be living with him in lieu of visitation until then and that there is no change in primary residency.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/05, 1:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida