Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am having to take my ex to court on a contempt case. He stopped paying alimony on his own when he retired. Judge told him technically he owed me several thousand dollars ,he didn't have a judges order to stop paying.Now I guess I am going to have to go through some kind of deposition,mediation...I was awarded lifetime permanent periodic alimony...Can I sue him in civil court for what he owes me,or if a judge says he don't have to pay me,do I have a case in any court?I need my money....I have 3 decades involved here...

Asked on 12/06/11, 7:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Without a court order from the Court to decrease and/or cease paying alimony, you have a case. You need to file a Motion for Contempt/Notice of Hearing and Motion for contempt/enforcement. You really should get an attorney - looks like you need to change the venue since your ex has a judge for a friend.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/11, 5:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida