Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have been divorced for 4 years. I have shared custody with my ex and I am custodial parent. the divorce decree says that the kids cannot be moved more than 50 miles away. I am considering moving out of state and wanted to find out what paper work I need if my ex husband agrees that it is OK. He currently does not see the children as scheduled in the decree due to his own choice not to see them.

Asked on 12/04/11, 5:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Assuming that "Daddy" either doesn't respond, or agrees to the move, this should be a relatively inexpensive thing for an attorney handle this for you.

There are specific requirements to having a stipulation done in accordance with Florida statutes. If you decide not to retain counsel, you should review carefully the applicable statute. You can search the internet for it.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a �do over� if things go badly.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation consultation.

Feel free to Google me.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 12/04/11, 6:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida