Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

When my daughter was born I was not married to her father. He left shortly after and hasn't had anything to do with her or paid child support. What legal rights does he have to her?

Asked on 12/01/11, 8:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

None at this point. Is his name on the birth certificate? Unless he files for visitation, he has no right to have any. However, you on the other hand can apply for child support without adding visitation rights to th pleadings and at least you will have some income for her. contact the department of revenue, State of Florida and this will file for you.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida