Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My daughter was born a little under two months ago, and her father has not been present since I was 5 months pregnant. He has not provided for her whatsoever, no child support, no physical support, nothing. His name is not on the birth certificate, he hasn't even SEEN her yet. How would I go about having his parental rights legally terminated and what are my chances of my request being granted?

Asked on 12/21/11, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Since you did not name him on the birth certificate there is nothing more to do. The only way he would be able to get any rights would be if he sued for paternity - then he would have to pay child support. Probably something he does not want to do.

Read more
Answered on 12/22/11, 5:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida