Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

In my divorce it was agreed that we would share 50/50 custody of our children. My ex husband claimed he made close to the same income as me and therefore was not ordered to pay any child support. He has since made very large purchases, his business has grown and I am wondering if I can go back to court and request that he pay child support? he is self employed and hides a lot of his income in " business expenses" etc.

Asked on 12/13/11, 7:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cary Levinson Levinson & Capuano, LLC

Yes, you can go to court and request that he pay you more child support. The issue will be developing evidence that his income has increased enough to warrant the court to consider the change a substantial change in circumstances.

This is NOT LEGAL ADVICE. It is intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied on to make any legal or medical or other major decisions. If you have any specific questions or inquiries regarding any of this information, you should consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

Cary Levinson, Esq.

Levinson & Capuano, LLC

(954) 703-2110

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/13/11, 7:36 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Yes you can always go back but do you have the evidence to prove the income increase.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/11, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida