Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I reside in Florida. My wife of 16 years moved out of our home. Do I still have to pay her health insurance and our house payment? We have 2 minor children that reside with me in the home. She has a 1 bdrm. apt.

Asked on 12/09/11, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Until you file some type of papers with the court - you should maintain the insurance on her and continue to pay the house payment. since you have the minor children with you, I suggest you run to the court, file a Petition for Temporary Needs and Child Support. That way you keep the house and the funishings until a court makes a determination and she pays you for the care of the children.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/11, 6:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida