Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have asked my X wife not to plan things with out Minor child the time I have him,. She keeps pn doing the same thing? what can I do? I can not afford an attorney, The fla bar tells me its a open case and they can't get a pro bono attorney ofr me.Please help.

Asked on 12/07/11, 4:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Wayne Jentis East Coast Law, P.A.

If you are unable to procure the services of an attorney, most local county court web pages have pro se packets you can use to file a "Family Court" motion with the court. If you have a set parenting time plan, you can file a motion with the court to enforce that plan. A court will usually provide a more specific order spelling out this obligation and might also impose penalties upon the party continuing to interfere with the plan.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/11, 6:27 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

You are under no obligation to follow the ex's plan. When you have the child, do as you wish. Let the ex deal with the situation on the return of the child. Your time is your time, not the ex's time.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/11, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida