Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I divorced about 10 years ago. If I get remarried in Florida will my new wife's income be considered into my child support obligation? Will I have to pay more in child support if we get married? Will she be held responsible for my child support if I lost my job or passed away, etc?

Asked on 9/13/18, 8:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Rickman Justin Rickman

Your new wife's income will NOT be considered for purposes of modifying your child support. They are not her legal children. She has duty to contribute.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/18, 5:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida