Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have been divorced for 3 years now and my ex wife and I have a 21 year old son who is autistic and has other mental disabilities. She currently collects social security on his behalf he is physically able and capable of having a job. I got a certified letter from the court stating she wants child support. We are residents of Florida. Can she do this and what are my rights?

Asked on 4/10/18, 10:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

She can try, there is nothing that stops her from trying. You have a right to object If she has continued to collect benefits and he is not disabled you can report that to the Administration. As regards CS, usually a court is without jurisdiction to award CS if it was not awarded before the child's 19th birthday, recommend you see a local Family Law attorney immediately!. DCF acts like the Gestapo and will intentionally and knowingly lie to a parent to get money for a child whether or not the child is entitled.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/18, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida