Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Income Deduction Order

The father of my child was given an income deduction order for child support. When the child support was due, the payment was late and much lower than than the court oredered total. I was told that I was to give a copy of the order to his employer. When I went to the employer he had stated at the hearing, they informed me that he no longer worked for them. The father never communicates with/contacts me and I can never reach him. He will not disclose his employer. How can I find his new place of employment? What are other alternatives to assuring he pays his court ordered child support?

Asked on 2/03/08, 7:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

robert roemer Robert Roemer & Associates,P.A.

Re: Income Deduction Order

Depending on your situation, I would suggest considering returning to Court on a Motion for a Post Judgment Contempt Hearing. Again, depending on the facts of your case, you may request reasonable attorneys' fees in the Contempt proceeding.

If you would like to set up a telephone conference with me, please e-mail me your phone number and we can set up a time for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/08, 9:43 am
Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: Income Deduction Order

Even if the income deduction order did not take effect, he still owes the child support. Take him back to court for contempt. You're probably better off using a private lawyer than DOR. Private attorneys tend to have greater resources to locate fathers and, in my experince, tend to be better at collecting money and having harsh sanctions, such as jail terms and license suspensions, imposed. Private lawyers are also better at nailing down who the real employers are.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/08, 9:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida