Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

married 1972 one child legally separated 1979 with child support and alimony ordered. now he married a girl in panama got her green card now wants divorce with me getting nothing

Asked on 4/08/14, 2:03 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

He didn't marry her. He may think he did, but he can't marry anyone until he is divorced from you. I don't know what you'll get in a divorce. You'd have to speak with a lawyer in your area and explain your situation to learn that.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/14, 2:06 pm
Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

I agree with Mr. Rose. If he is behind in alimony, pursue enforcement/contempt. Consult with an experienced local family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/14, 2:24 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have to get a divorce from him. If your order is for separation and support only then he cannot marry until there is a divorce first.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/14, 5:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida