Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am in the process of divorce. My wife and I agreed that our two year old might need therapy. She has now set up therapy with a therapist that is in the same practice as her older daughter who falsely accused me of domestic violence 2 years ago. The therapists all know each other. She scheduled her on my day of the week, which I can take care of, but she has already told the therapist my daughter comes home from me angry and violent. She has bad mouthed me to this group for 2 years and now she wants my daughter to go there. The phone call I just made to the therapist, who is not a LMHC and is 82 years old, showed me she is already biased against me by mentioning the older daughter and making excuses for the mom to take away one of my visitation days each week. I don't have a clie how to react to this situation to make sure my daughter gets help but I don't get thrown under the bus in the process. I just got majority time share, but they filed exceptions so the process continues.

Asked on 5/15/15, 2:53 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Don't agree to use that practice. Suggest at least 1 alternative. If she won't agree, see if she will agree to use a parental facilitator, or return to mediation. If you cannot amicably resolve the issue, retain an experienced family law attorney. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/15, 4:06 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Choose someone else. If she does not agree then file an action in court to have the Court select someone. This way neither of you will get biased.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/15, 7:03 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If you do not agree with the court ordered therapist then file a motion for the judge to order a more neutral therapist.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/15, 10:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida