Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My question is: Over the last 18 months my wife has transferred all of our savings out of our joint accounts. The exact location of those funds is unknown. Now she is filing for divorce. Can the funds be recovered by order of the courts or is it just gone?

Asked on 6/09/13, 1:01 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

The judge will likely order that she return half to you, depending on how your assets get slpit.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 1:03 pm

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

This fall under chapter 1 of "How to Piss-Off a Judge". An attorney can force her to disclose her financials. If you know what institution the funds were deposited into, we can subpoena their records.

The above information is provided without any consideration/payment having been received, and without full knowledge of all of the facts.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation office consultation. While telephone calls, and email responses, are encouraged, please do not send text messages.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1587 Main St., Ste. C

Dunedin, FL 34698

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 2:40 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

you are entitled to half those monies

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida