Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My step son was served with child support papers on a daughter whom is not his. He has dna proof that he is not the father. At birth he was led to believe he was the father and his name is on the birth certificate listing him as the father. Will the proof in the dna rsults be in his favor and not to have to pay the child support/ What steps does he need to take to prove he is not the bioligical father?

Asked on 1/10/12, 6:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

He must bring a court proceeding for a determination of paternity.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/12, 7:38 am
Cory Schnepper Levine, Busch & Schnepper, P.A.

He can initiate a proceeding to prove he is not the father or he can wait until the mother brings an action against him. He must not hold himself out as the father in any manner.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/12, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida