Legal Question in Medical Leave in Florida

dependent care

My son under the age of 18 got injured at school. I took him to the emergency room, he was given medication and was told if the pain got worst to come back the next day. I call my job and was told that they were sending a fmla package for his injury and I would have 15 days to have it completed. What is my rights in this case.

Asked on 9/20/07, 1:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: dependent care

It depends on a lot of factors, and you have listed few in your inquiry. You may wish to discuss your son's injury with a personal injury attorney, and they should also be qualified to give you guidance about any leave you may wish to take off from work. FMLA may be an option for you, but how long do you need to be off? How extensive is your sons injury? Do you have sick or other personal days you can use? Is your employer looking for a reason to let you go? Are you employed under a contract?

Read more
Answered on 9/20/07, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Florida