Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Destination wedding cancelled because owner of the property stated she did not trust us and cancelled the contract for unknown reasons. This is due to a personal conflict totally removed from the rental agreement. Can I sue for replacement cost of the printed invitations, pain and suffering, costs associated with finding a new venue for the wedding since we are now under 90 days.

Asked on 2/09/16, 8:15 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Keith Petrochko KMP Law, PLLC

You may have a case for breach of contract, but an attorney would need to review the contract to shed any real light on this.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/16, 8:26 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Possibly. Would need more information.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/16, 8:34 am
David Burns David H. Burns, P. A.

You may have breach of contract damages, but not personal injury damages. You would have to prove the owner breached the terms of the contract without legal justification. You can pursue economic damages up to $5,000 in Small Claims Court if the breach occurred in Florida. If you have losses above that amount, you would probably need an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/16, 11:06 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Your contract controls the rights and obligations of the parties. It should also specify the damages you may seek. you wont get pain and suffering for emotional damages for a breach.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/16, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida