Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I am owed by 3 different people, 2 of whom have moved to TX and TN and 1 still resides here locally. I have tried the Small Claims court but the process server was not able to serve the papers because it was discovered one had moved to TN.

Do I have any recourse for the 2 who moved out of state?

I don't know where the 3rd who lives here locally works or lives.

I have signed agreements from all 3 that they would agree to repay me.

Asked on 9/12/09, 9:10 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Gordon Fenderson Fenderson Law Firm

You still have the same recourse. You just have to get them served. Have them served where they are now. If not, have them served through the secretary of state.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 9:19 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

If the money owned is large enough to make it worth while, see an attorney to have it done properly, as least as it relates to the service of process; or see the clerk of court to get instructions on how this is to be done.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 11:04 am
Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

You can serve them in the state where they reside.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/09, 6:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida