Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

?last week my dog got out when my maid came over and bit another dog whom a lady was walking accross the street. i have a pit bull/lab mixed breed and he got a hold of a smaller dog my the neck and wouldnt let go.. i was able to pry the dog out of his mouth after a minuter or 2. the other dog owner was hysterical and after calming her down i told her that ii would take the dog to a vet or she could take the dog to her vet and i would pay for the vet bill no questions asked. this is the second incident with my dog biting another dog and i immediately took him to animal control and surrendered the dog. i also informed the other dog owner that i surrendered the dog over the phone when i paid for her vet bill which was over $800. Today i got a visit from animal control which leads me to believe that she is going to try and sue me. i was just curious that if she were to sue me what is the approx value that i would be liable for

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

The animal control visit is normal. Cost of vet care and value of dog if it dies is your exposure

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida