Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Can I invest and run my own business while I have B1B2 visa? Can I switch to another visa to do so?

Asked on 11/03/12, 3:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Balaguera The Balaguera Law Firm, P.A.

You are not permitted to work on a B1/B2 visa. You are very limited in this status. You can visit, tour, get medical treatment or even engage in VERY limited business related activities (usually for meetings, dinner, etc.), but you're not allowed to work. You should consider an EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa if you are investing a million dollars or more and plan create at least ten jobs in the US. Best of luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/12, 8:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida