Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

if i marry my boyfriend who entered legally but overstayed does that stop deportation ? also is it true that 3 months and a day after we get married he gets his social security nymber a work permit and a resident card

Asked on 2/20/12, 6:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


You can sponsor your husband (when you are married) and, under normal circumstances, he can remain in the U.S. and obtain employment authorization, etc and eventually resident status in the U.S. without having to depart the U.S. since he initially entered the U.S. legally. Additional information is here:

Read more
Answered on 2/20/12, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida