Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Florida

what can i do to change my USPTO Reg TM's to excusable non-use status? which is how I was told they were filed by TradeMark Express in 2012-2013?

Do I need an Attorney to remove certain items listed in Class 025 that my Mark will never be applied to?

How to remove Int'l Class 022 & 039 placed on my marks by this Company?

Asked on 2/21/19, 6:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stewart Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart

It depends on you what goods/services you wish to retain and are using now versus those goods that you are not using now but will in the future. Extensions of time to file Statements of Use can be obtained on the latter. Deleting whole classes of goods/services can lessen the protection for your mark. I practice extensively before the USPTO/TTAB. Please let me know if you require any assistance.

Very truly yours,

/Michael D. Stewart/


Law Offices of Michael D. Stewart

The Chase Bank Building

150 SE 2nd Ave., Suite 1000, 10th Floor

Miami, Florida 33131

email: [email protected]

1-305-590-8909 Telephone


1-305-415-9920 Facsimile






Admitted to practice in New York and Florida, State and Federal Courts

This communication is intended solely for the use of the intended individual or entity and may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or work product. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it. It is strictly prohibited to disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you do not wish to receive further email from this address simply respond to this email indicating this.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/19, 4:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Florida