Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

My husband and I live in Florida.My husband is buying a house for his son to live in in Missouri. My husband wants $350 a month for rent and the house will eventually go to his son after my husband and I pass away. His son refuses to sign a contract. I think that a contract is very important, but my husbands son does not want to sign one.

Asked on 5/15/20, 5:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You really need to consult with an attorney. Your Estate plans need to conform to the wishes. The contract you discuss is unexplained. Do you mean a lease agreement for the house? This is concerning if no written agreement. It is a familial issue more than a legal one. I suggest you seek legal guidance and then have a family meeting to discuss the issues.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/20, 5:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida