Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

my neighbor's son was a handyman in our HOA community. His ex wife was friends with the HOA Board President- after a nasty divorce, the HOA President attacked the handiman..telling neighbors he was a dangerous wanted felon and many other false charges. The handyman lost his business and filed a lawsuit against her for slander- it was a well done filing-including witnesses and proof...she filed for Protection Order- the second time she tried, it was denied. He then added harassment to the charges. He filed for free because he was indigent...He was worried about false arrests when he came home to visit his mother (he was living with her at the HOA) so he moved temporarily to North Carolina but returned for every court case, and filed every response to the defense attorney. After over a year in the courts without a Hearing, the judge demanded that he get a lawyer or dismiss the case. He tried but could not get a lawyer he could afford. Was the Judge allowed to do this? Isn't this obstruction of justice? Does he have any legal action against the judge? Can the case be reopened?

Asked on 9/06/17, 10:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

If filed as a corporation or lehgal entity, then he must have a lawyer. If he filed as a claim as an individual, then he is not required to have a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/17, 9:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida