Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I was served papers today, I'm being sued for a car accident where I was the driver and my passengers were injured. Can I file a response and then move out of the state? Or do I have to stay in the state where I am being sued?

Asked on 7/18/11, 6:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If you have insurance, give the papers to your insurance company. If you had no insurance, retain an attorney to protect your interests. A judgment can be entered against you in any state you live in.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/11, 6:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida