Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

My wife ended up hitting the back of a fire truck that stopped short. The airbags deployed and once she got her vehicle to stop. The driver of the fire truck came up to her and said, "I’m sorry it was my fault and I stopped short". I arrived at the scene and multiple fire dept personnel came up to me and my wife saying it was their fault and not to worry. The state trooper said the same thing that they admitted to causing the crash. My wife did receive a ticket, but the trooper said he could not find what to charge her for and ended up giving her a failure to yield citation. Now on the ticket it states, "following too closely fr to rr into the fire engine on duty". The question is. How do I go about getting the county to pay for damages, because it does not state that they admitted fault?

Asked on 6/23/22, 8:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

It is a question of fact. You can advise County or City which owns the truck. If the firemen advise their risk management what they told you, then they can process your claim. Dont be surprised if it does not get done that quickly or as you hope

Read more
Answered on 6/23/22, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida