On June 22, 2018 I placed a room temperate pack into the microwave and (following the directions) set the microwave to 1 minute. At about 45 seconds I began to hear a high-pitched whining and opened the microwave to investigate the sound, after which it exploded. My microwave sits on the counter about 5 inches from the edge and right at my stomach level, as it exploded the blue gel landed on me and proceeded to give me several small burns and one 4 inch 2nd degree burn across my lower stomach.
I followed the directions displayed on the back of the pack yet it exploded and seriously burned me to the point of loss of skin. As a stocker at work I am constantly required to bend, lift, crouch and stretch in order to do my job, this burn which sits at my pant line, is hindering my ability to adequately do my job. I understand that accidents happen, and this is the first time I have never written a formal complaint about a product/company but this is simply unacceptable. If I had bent to look inside the microwave it would have burst into my eyes possibly blinding me.
I wrote a complaint to the company on Friday June 22 and have yet to hear back, what should my next step be?
1 Answer from Attorneys
Did you go to the hospital?
Related Questions & Answers
Florida law on marking gun receivers made by a private individual . Asked 1/12/17, 9:39 am in United States Florida Products Liability