Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I received a summons about foreclosure on my home. I was told I have 2o days to respond. Whats my next move?

Asked on 11/19/18, 4:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You must respond. Hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/18, 5:38 pm
Jean Winters Winters & Winters, PA

Is it a mortgage, assessment foreclosure or a mechanics lien? Do you contest the amount or have some other reason to dispute the action? When it comes to foreclosure, your interests will be best protected by hiring an attorney familiar with the type of foreclosure you face. Absent that, if you intend to fight the foreclosure, you need to follow the directions on the complaint, and file an answer (or motion to dismiss, if appropriate) with the Court by mailing your response to the Court, and you will need to mail it to Plaintiff's attorney of record by the deadline. There may be a way to e-serve but you must check your jurisdiction's instructions.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/18, 5:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida