Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

I have been on social security disability for about 5 years. i am 60 years old. I was in the restaurant business all my life before collecting disability. I would like to attempt to go back to work part time in that industry. How long can I earn under $1170 without the loss of my social security or my medicare?

Asked on 2/17/17, 7:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

I suggest you contact the SSD and ask them that question as the rules often change and with our current state of affairs being what they are, it might be better to get it from the horse's mouth ... so to speak.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/17, 10:29 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

The SSA has numerous plans, some long established and some experimental, to help citizens return to work. Go to the nearest office, DO NOT TRUST any information over the phone. Ask about the Ticket to Work program or any others available to you.. Also be aware that when you reach retirement age disability may terminate and you be placed in retirement status. Usually that changes the amount you receive.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/17, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida