Legal Question in Tax Law in Florida

I haven't filed my federal income tax for over ten years. what do i need to do?

Asked on 12/21/17, 1:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

see a lawyer and get your returns filed

Read more
Answered on 12/21/17, 2:29 pm
Steven Klitzner Steven N. Klitzner, P.A.

You are not alone. I see people on a regular basis who have many years of unfixed tax returns. The first step you need to take is to hire a representative who will get the IRS transcripts and income information. This will tell us what the IRS believes you have earned every year and whether or not they already have, or are in the process of, filing tax returns for you. If you have moved since your last tax return, there is a chance that the IRS is writing to you at your old address and may be taking steps to levy your wages and bank account. You should be proactive so that you can stay ahead of anything bad that the IRS may be planning to do.

Steven Klitzner

Read more
Answered on 12/22/17, 5:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Florida