Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

How can I get a copy of my parents Florida trust. They are now both passed away .

Asked on 6/07/13, 11:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

If you are an interested person such as a beneficiary of the trust, the executor should

provide you with a copy. The executor should also file a copy of the trust in the local

county. If the executor refuses to provide such trust or will information, an interested

person may file an action in the local probate court. You may benefit by consulting an

attorney who can represent you if the matter requires probate court action.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 11:38 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Mr. Martin is correct. Are you a beneficiary? That is the first inquiry. If so, the attorneys representing the Trustee should provide you a copy of what you need. Seek some legal guidance.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 11:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida