Legal Question in Workers Comp in Florida

Employee's Injury

Please advise...if an employee suffers a minor injury on the job, i.e. hits his hand with a hammer, refuses medical treatment, and goes to his own physician the following day, should a workmen's comp claim be filed and normal procedures be followed, i.e. drug test, etc. The employee's physician has indicated the employee should take 3 days off work. Should he be paid for these days off, etc. Thank you for your help.

Asked on 8/22/01, 10:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Re: Employee's Injury

Why did the employee refuse medical treatment? Regardless, if the employee wants this matter to be covered with the minimum of problems, then I suggest the employee advise employer immediately of the injury and the employee should agree to go promptly to one of the w/comp doctors. If the employee does not agree w/the w/comp doctor's treatment, then employee may want to consult with an attorney that practices w/comp.

You should schedule a formal consultation with a� lawyer.� A good means of obtaining an attorney referral is by contacting your State's bar association or your local county bar association.��� They probably have a web site and charge a nominal fee for the referral.� Most attorneys either provide a free initial consultation, or charge a nominal fee.

Good Luck.-Elliot Goldstein (I also have an office in Tampa 727/804-3609 or 813/758-1862)

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts.� Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/01, 9:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Florida