Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

my father's will

If I am named on his bank accounts and CD's will that money be mine when he passes or is that money that has to be used to pay other heirs?

Asked on 9/01/08, 8:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Re: my father's will

That depends on information you didn't post. Instead of guessing, meet with a lawyer and be sure everything is set up right.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/08, 9:14 pm

Stephen Worrall The Manely Firm, P.C.

Re: my father's will

Certain types of accounts will pass outside of the estate at death without probate. The surest way to have all assets pass without probate is afully funded living trust set up by your father during his life.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/08, 7:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia