Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

Do I have a legal right to sue my former employer for unpaid commission. I gave notice to work til the end of the month and was told on the 29th not to come back.

Asked on 4/14/10, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

If you have unpaid compensation, you might try the Georgia Dept. of Labor to help resolve it, before taking the time and expense of filing a lawsuit. I am not sure what you mean in the sentence about notice or what it has to do with the commission question, but it makes little sense as written. If timing is an issue, keep in mind that "give notice" to work a certain period of time is basically the same as quitting on the spot. It takes both parties to agree that the employee can work beyond that minute (absent a contract that sets forth other terms).

Read more
Answered on 4/19/10, 12:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia