Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

My son missed 60 days of school last year in Walton county, after the 60 days a warrant was issued, I went to superior court where I was sentenced to 10 years probation, 80 hrs community service, 5 weekend's in jail and 3500 fine. I was appointed a public defender, he never contacted me ,and the day of court I find out he doesn't work for them anymore and they apoint me a new lawyer and he tells me I need to take it. Is that excessive punishment for truancy and should I appeal it

Asked on 2/02/20, 9:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Contact my office in Hall County

(770) 985-6773 (answered 24x7, 365-1/4 days a year);

and, email all documents to me at

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 2/03/20, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia