Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

My Ga drivers license is suspended for multiple DUIs. The suspension would have ended had I met all the requirements by the court five years. It has been seven years and I only need to pay the reinstatement fee as well as provide an ignition interlock hardship waiver which I understand must granted by the same court / judge that convicted me of the DUI which required the interlock be installed. Is there a form that simply files a motion against the original DUI case number requesting this hearing?

the interlock be installed on my vehicle. Is there a form that I must submit to file a motion against the same case number requesting a hearing

Asked on 4/28/14, 6:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Judges are going to be understandably very wary of granting a hardship waiver, especially in metro Atlanta (your zip code) where it is easier to get an interlock installed. If you feel you have compelling facts (which would possibly include financial inability, you not driving often, and a very successful long term alcohol treatment program), get a lawyer to make a proper motion.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/14, 6:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia