Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have a 2 year old Son to which I have sole custody of, Visitation with his father was never discussed in court and was never put on paper so I let his father have him when he wants to. Lately, it's been getting harder and harder to get my Son back when I want him. starting Oct. 23 I've been trying to get in contact with His father but he hasn't answered my texts, calls or voice mails about me picking up my Son and nor does his girlfriend. Their mother-in-law hasn't heard from them in days either. I've texted and called everyone for eight days straight to no avail. I literally do not know the whereabouts of my Son or his father. I have their address which is an hour away from me and when I go and show up, nobody is home. I call from different phones but no answer.

I called the police and they said because i willingly gave them to him for visitation and didn't set a return date, so apparently there is nothing they can do. It was APD though and I'm in Fulton county.

What can I do and how can I get my son as quickly as possible?

Asked on 10/30/12, 3:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

I don't understand why you are posting on the internet instead of meeting with a lawyer, which is long overdue, and perhaps calling other law enforcement agencies? I hate to sound harsh, but it does not appear to be an important issue to you, since you have no idea where your 2 year old child is for over a week now, and you have had notice before that there were problems. Many parents with a possible missing child would have been in a lawyer's office on 10/23 (and possibly calling law enforcement).

Read more
Answered on 10/30/12, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia