Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

If a couple been separated for 7 yrs and the mom has had physical custody of their kids even tho there is no divorce and no custody but father is court ordered to pay child support can he legally get kids for weekend not return them then leave the state of Ga and take the kids to Mississippi

Asked on 11/04/12, 1:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Sure. And that is a reason why the mother needs a lawyer NOW (and needed one seven years ago). Until and unless there is a divorce filed, either party can pretty much do as they please.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 1:37 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

If there is no custody order, both parents have equal rights to their children. You need to speak to an attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/12, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia