Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My Friend is paying child support on his three year old paternity has been proven. What is it he need to do in state of georgia to get visitation because the childs mother is not letting him see his son at all?

Asked on 11/01/12, 5:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

He gets a lawyer. If he has not legitimated his child, he must first do that. Legitimization allows him to seek visitation (or custody).

Read more
Answered on 11/01/12, 5:27 pm

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

Under Georgia law, the mother has custody and rights to a child born out of wedlock. Your friend needs to obtain legal counsel and file a petition to legitimate. Custody and visitation can be addressed in that action.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/12, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia