Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My daughter's child care fee is automatically garnished from my wages. My daughter is, as of August 2013, attending a free preK program (same owner of daycare). My local child support office advised me in order to start a modification, I need a letter from the former daycare provider stating she is no longer enrolled. The provider, who is the owner of the privately held center, refuses to fill out any paperwork even though I legally have joint custody. She is unwilling because she is related to my child's mother. She even refused to complete it when the CSS rep came on-site. What are my options?

Asked on 9/24/13, 6:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

You need to document this and speak with an attorney. I assume the order had you providing payment to the day care as part of your child support order. This is an impossible question to answer without reviewing the documents. Again, schedule a consultation with a family law attorney and take in your paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 1:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia